Writing an essay can be a daunting task for both teachers and students in terms of creating and crafting a high quality essay, and finally editing and grading them.
It seems though we may have overlooked one of the toughest steps in writing an essay and that is actually selecting an appropriate and interesting topic for your students.
Thankfully I have put together a list of 25 great essay topics that might just make that process a little easier. Enjoy. And remember to add any other great suggestions in the comment section below.
If you are still struggling with the essay writing process and need further guidance be sure to check out our definitive guide to writing a great essay.
- Zoos are sometimes seen as necessary but not poor alternatives to a natural environment. Discuss some of the arguments for and/or against keeping animals in zoos.
- Imaginethat your teacher wants to teach a new subject for the next few weeks. Your teacher will take suggestions, and then let the students vote on the new subject. What subject should your class choose? Write an essay to support your choice and to persuade the other students to vote for your choice.
- Are actors and professional athletes paid too much?
- Should teachers have to wear uniforms or have a dress code?
- Since the invention of nuclear weapons we have had a long period of GLOBAL peace and stability. Are nuclear weapons global peacemakers or killing devices?
- Should boys and girls be in separate classes?
- Is the death penalty effective?
- To what extent is the use of animals in scientific research acceptable?
- What age is appropriate for dating?
- Pretend you woke up one day and there were no rules. People could suddenly do whatever they wanted! Explain what the world would be like. Use your imagination!
- Should student’s textbooks be replaced by notebook computers?
- Should students be allowed to have cell phones in elementary and high schools?
- Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations?
- Should money be spent on space exploration?
- Is fashion important?
- Are we too dependent on computers?
- Ifyou had the opportunity to bring any person — past or present, fictional or nonfictional — to a place that is special to you (your hometown or country, a favourite location, etc.), who would you bring and why? Tell us what you would share with that person
- Most high level jobs are done by men. Should the government encourage a certain percentage of these jobs to be reserved for women?
- Should students be allowed to grade their teachers?
- In your opinion what factors contribute to a good movie?
- The destruction of the world’s forests is inevitable as our need for land and food grows. Do you agree?
- Many parents give their children certain chores or tasks to do at home. Should children have to do chores or tasks at home? Be sure to explain why you think it is a good idea or a bad idea. Include examples to support your reasons.
- Should the voting age be lowered to thirteen?
- Should the government place a tax on junk food and fatty snacks?
- Should more be done to protect and preserve endangered animals?
How to Be A Good Student Essay
466 Words2 Pages
How to Be A Good Student
To become a success in life, we all need to learn to become a good student in every aspect of life. Becoming a good student takes much work and self-discipline. There are many ways that a student can stand out from the rest of the class. These good students are distinguished by their attitude, intellectual skills, consciousness, and achievement.
Attitude is primarily a genuine desire to learn and the will to do hard academic work to achieve understanding. It is also shown by how well you apply yourself even to subjects in which you have little interest and how much you can achieve even when a teacher’s style is not what you are used to. Also attitude can change the way you percieveperceive things…show more content…
No one else can help you to attain a good attitude, you must decide and make it a goal to have a good attitude in your student life. (CS)
Intellectual skills is (S-V Agr) another important aspect of becoming a good student. This skill includes the ability to read and understand, intelligent use of resources, mathematical and logical skills, efficient study habits, and the ability to communicate clearly and fluently. Intellectual skills include time management, exam strategies, study strategies, and goal setting.
Consciousness, or awareness, is another helpful aspect of becoming a good student. The good student must be aware of their (agr) surroundings and know what is going on in the world around them. We must strive to relate what is happening around us to what we are learning. This should be important to us because we should care about what is going on politically, academically, socially, and spiritually. Being aware and paying attention is a good trait to continually learn and apply.
Achievement is demonstrated by successful application of understanding. This aspect includes using correct and confident knowledge, effective communication, and continuanceing of education through out your life. Achievement gives you a sense of accomplishment and meaning. To become a good student, this must be a goal that you wish to accomplish.
Becoming a good student can be time consuming but well worth