Success of the Branding Strategy of Starbucks
Starbucks uses Unique Branding Strategies (Williams, 2005) which focus on developing a unique brand around each individual product or service. The benefit of using a Unique Brand Strategy as opposed to a Corporate Brand Strategy is that if one brand has a poor customer response in the market, the brand may still maintain a positive image.
Branding Strategy is essentially a marketing tool in which a company finds out what potential customers need or want, and gives it to them (Design Damage, 2009). It is about knowing your audience. Basically, branding is a way of building a customer base or to ensure return and gain the interest of a new customer as well as maintaining the interest of the existing customer.
If a brand is a promise to the customer or consumer, what does Starbucks promise? Starbucks promises fresh drinks; a wide variety of caffeinated and non caffeinated beverages served at several temperatures and snacks, but also Starbucks promises quality. Starbucks, as well as many other coffee houses, is known for having a relaxing atmosphere. It has become a place where people can go to be creative, to be productive or to just be.
Branding involves building equity in a company. For example: when building equity in a home, a person will maintain the current high standard of quality, while also making improvements, a constant push to make everything newer and nicer than it was even one day before. Starbucks builds equity by maintaining the high standard of the products currently on the menu, while constantly adding new items, adding new locations and increasing accessibility to potentially curious consumers, and creating the appropriate atmosphere that would be conducive to relaxation. Ultimately, making people want to stay and buy more.
Starbucks has been around for roughly 44 years (Statistic, 2014) and as of July 12, 2014 reported 23,187 active locations worldwide. For the company’s 40th anniversary in 2011 they revamped their logo, just another reminder of the strength and determination behind a company that is constantly moving upward and onward.
In conclusion: branding is about connecting with people on an emotional level (Blaskin, 2015). There is no shortage of coffee houses in the world, but consumers find something at Starbucks that they cannot find elsewhere. Starbucks has the resources to continually create new products, new locations and better atmosphere. The first Starbucks opened over 40 years ago in a small, retail space in Seattle’s Pike Place Market, one small store, the underdogs in an already flooded market. Look at them now. Over 20,000 locations worldwide; it would appear that branding does make a difference after all.
“A Look at the Future of Starbucks.” (2011) On Starbucks.com Retrieved from http://www.starbucks.com/preview.
“Examples of Types of Brand Strategies.” (2015) By Jonathan Salem Blaskin. On Marketing Answers Retrieved from http://marketing.answers.com/branding/examples-of-types-of-branding-strategies.
“Starbucks Company Statistics.” (2014) On Statistics Brain Retrieved from http://www.statisticbrain.com/starbucks-company-statistics/.
“The 12 Principles of Brand Strategy.” (2009) On DesignDamage.com Retrieved from http://www.designdamage.com/the-12-principles-of-brand-strategy/#axzz3XLs3Njwl.
“The Basics of Branding.” (2005) By John Williams. On Entrepreneur.com Retrieved from http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/77408.
The presented essay sample is written in APA formatting style and analyzes the success of Starbucks branding strategy. In case you are assigned to write a marketing paper and have no idea what to start with, you are welcome to get assistance from our expert writers. All you will be asked to do is to place an order and explain your requirements. The more of them you will mention, the easier it will be for writer to complete the paper. Don’t waste your time – get help from qualified authors!
Marketing Essay Topics
Developing a topic for an essay is, unlike popular belief, an easy task. For a topic as wide as marketing, the job gets even easier and with only a little research, one can develop a topic for their essay.
Below are examples of marketing essay topics.
- Assess some of the vital components for customer satisfaction.
- What are the major impacts of marketing towards the modern strategy?
- How have businesses used marketing as a tool to help further customer satisfaction?
- Explain the impact of customer loyalty on sales?
- Explain how branding can be used as a tool to further business success.
- While providing sufficient evidence, explain where marketing should begin.
- Should businesses merge or continue merging sales and marketing?
- Is push marketing a waste of time and resources? Explain.
- How can businesses make use of the vast social media platforms to further their marketing agenda?
- What do you understand by the term marketing?
- Explain why marketing is considered a key component of a company/business.
- What are some of the marketing strategies companies can employ to further their business internationally?
- Comment on the impact and lack thereof of celebrity endorsement.
- Explain the impact of social media platforms in international marketing.
- What do you understand by the term green marketing?
- How can companies combine sales and marketing to successfully get the best of either aspects or components?
- What is marketing communication?
- Explain why marketing planning is essential.
- What are some of the adaptable marketing strategies businesses can use to help alleviate some of the challenges coming from market forces?
- Critically evaluate the notion that marketing is based on the claim that we are what we read but almost always consumers.
- What do you understand by marketing audit and what is its impact in improving marketing?
- What is ethical marketing and what does it entail?
- What entails negative advertisement and how do is it often used?
- Discuss two of the main methods of gaining market entry internationally.
- What are some of the disadvantages and advantages of branding?
- With examples, discuss some of the universal marketing environmental challenges that companies face.
- How has culture impacted marketing? Provide examples.
- Does celebrity endorsement in any way enhance brand image and brand awareness?
- Discuss some of the stages of international market development.
- How has the aspect of sustainability impacted or changed the nature of marketing?
- How can brand communities be used to help introduce and market new products?
- How can businesses utilize telemarketing to help promote their products?
- What is telemarketing and which components can ensure it success?
- Analyze the importance of innovation in marketing.
- What are some of the barriers to marketing?
- How can a business maintain or run a profitable marketing campaign despite uncertain business environmental conditions?
- Is the notion that marketing is the major component that determines the success of a business flawed or true?
- Critically analyze the role of a marketing manager.
- Critically analyze the marketing strategies of Coca-Cola and explain how the company has managed to remain relevant to-date.
- How is the marketing strategy of Coca-Cola different from that of Pepsi? Provide specifics and examples.
- What is direct marketing and how can startups utilize it to increase their sales?