IGCSE Geography (0460) Past PaperQuestions 2010
For an example of international migration which you have studied, explain why many people made the decision tomigrate. You should name the countries between which people migrated and refer both to pull and to push factors. 
Many settlements have grown into large urban areas.For a named example of a large urban area which you have studied, explain the reasons for its growth. 
Name an example of a city or country to which large numbers of people have migrated from other countries. Describethe effects of international migration on your chosen city or country.
Many towns and cities are growing rapidly.With reference to a named urban area which you have studied, describe the problems in itsrural-urban fringe which are being caused by its growth. 
For a country which you have studied, explain why the rate of natural population growth is low. 
In all towns and cities there have been changes in land use in recent years. These include the development of transport, areas of housing, industries, leisure and shopping facilities.Briefly describe
recent change in land use in or close to a town or city which you havestudied. Describe the advantages and disadvantages of this change in land use for the people who live in the town or city.
The size and structure of the population in a country may change as a result of government policies.For a named country which you have studied, describe the policies which have been used by the government to influencerates of natural population growth. 
For a named urban area which you have studied, describe the main features of its Central Business District (CBD). 
of the following has formed in a named area which you have studied: a spit; an area of coastal sand dunes. You should use labelled diagrams in your answer. 
Describe the advantages and difficulties for people of living on a river delta. You should refer to a delta which youhave studied. 
xplain the causes of an earthquake which occurred in a named area which you have studied. 
For a named tropical desert, explain how and why the natural environment is threatened by human activities. 
xplain how and why a delta is formed. You should refer to an example you have studied and include labelleddiagrams. 
igcse geography final exams - may 2018
Paper 1 - Core Themes 1 hr 45 mins
Paper 2 - Skills - 1 hr 30 mins
Skills Revision With Simon King
1. Read & interpret Line graphs, bar charts & scatter graphs and basic maps.
2. What causes high death rates/ high birth rates in LEDC's, the causes and effects of youthful populations in such countries and low birth rates/low death rates and ageing in MEDC's.
3. Understand what is meant by birth rate, death rate, life expectancy, infant mortality, literacy rates and how to work out natural population growth (i.e. difference between birth & death rate) and the reasons for its growth in LEDC's.
4. How countries try to reduce their population growth (anti-natalist policy) and the consequences (good & bad).
5. Why some countries are over populated and others are underpopulated and what causes high and low population densities.
6. Remember your two migration case studies (Brazil NIC/LEDC & Syria to Europe) and causes as well as the positive and negative effects of migration.
6. Remember the settlement hierarchy? - triangle shaped diagram.
7. The causes and effects of congestion in urban areas and methods used to manage it.
8. What does urbanisation mean and how does it impact the people who live there? (Rio & Toulouse).
9. Zones of a city (Burgess & Hoyt) and recognise these zones and different land uses.
10. What is urban sprawl and how does it affect an urban area that you have studied?